Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Email & Calendaring > Exchange
How can I recover a deleted item in Outlook?
Have you ever deleted something that you did not want to delete? The Exchange email system allows users to recover their deleted items at their own convenience . The retention time period for all deleted items is 14 days. To recover your deleted items, follow the instructions below.
Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Launch Outlook and from the left sidebar, select your mailbox, then select Deleted Items.
- Navigate to the Folder tab, and in Clean Up group you will see Recover Deleted Items button.
- Click that and select the message you wish to recover.
- Then click the Recover Selected Item button to recover the item.
More details are available on Microsoft's website in the article Recover deleted items in Outlook for Windows
Outlook Web App
- Login to the Outlook Web App (OWA) and right click the "Deleted Items” folder
- Select “Recover Deleted Items”.
- Select the email and click the Recover icon.
More details are available on Microsoft's website in the article Recover deleted items or email in Outlook Web App