Topics Map > Computing Services > Printing
How can I reduce my printing output?
Explains ways to decrease printing output
Follow these tips to help reduce the amount of output you do generate:
- Use the built-in spell checker that most applications have to check for spelling errors (and grammar!).
- Use the print preview option where available to see things such as page breaks, headers, and footers.
- Don't print your job after every change you make. Work on your document for a while (saving it often!) and print only once for a final proofread.
- Print only one copy. Shop around for places where making photocopies is cheaper than printing.
- Print duplex. Jobs printed single-sided cost more than a duplex-printed page and waste more paper.
- Turn off graphics in web browsers to minimize the number of pages in web output.
- Print 2-up or 4-up to include even more printed pages on a single sheet of paper.