Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Cloud Storage > OneDrive
How do I restore deleted files from OneDrive?
Explains how to restore deleted files in OneDrive.
Note: By default, OneDrive stores your deleted files in a Recycle bin for at least 3 days and a maximum of 30 days. If your Recycle bin gets large enough to exceed 10% of your total OneDrive storage, the duration for which they will be kept is reduced. Your Recycle bin doesn't count against your OneDrive storage limit. Once a file is deleted, it no longer uses your available storage space.
The Recycle bin is designed to store both the files you deleted on any of your synchronized devices and the files that others have deleted while you were working collaboratively on those files.
How to Restore Deleted Files from OneDrive
1. Log into UIC's OneDrive by going to http://onedrive.uic.edu
2. In the column on the left, click or tap the "Recycle bin" link.
3. Click on the box next to the name of the file you want to restore
4. Click on "Restore Selection"
5. Click "OK" when asked, "Are you sure you want to restore" your document.
6. OneDrive will notify you that it's "working" on restoring the files. Once completed, they will be available in their original location.