Topics Map > Infrastructure > Network > Wireless Network
Topics Map > Infrastructure > Network > Residence Hall Network (ResNet)
How do I connect to UIC-WiFi using Android?
UIC-WiFi uses enterprise-level security protocols. These instructions should help you to connect your Android device to the campus wireless network. Note: You need to be on campus to do this, near a UIC-WiFi access point. If you have trouble connecting to UIC-WiFi, please visit C-Stop walk-in locations or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch a video on how to connect to UIC-WiFi with Android:
- While you are on campus, near a UIC-WiFi access point, go to your device settings and then to the section about Network & Internet. Note that your device may have slightly different menus or wording since there are many different Android phone manufacturers.
- Turn wireless on if it is currently turned off.
- Select the network: UIC-WiFi
- Use the following settings:
- For EAP method select PEAP.
- For Phase 2 authentication select MSCHAP.
- For CA Certificate select Use System Certificates
- For Domain, use ad.uic.edu
- For Identity use your UIC NetID.
- For Anonymous identity use Anonymous
- For Wireless Password use your UIC NetID Password
- Tap Save.
- You should now be connected to UIC-WiFi.
For more answers about getting connected, please contact Technology Solutions or visit one of the C-Stop locations:
- East Campus: https://accc.uic.edu/support/c-stop-bsb/
- West Campus: https://accc.uic.edu/support/c-stop-lhs/
Please note these instructions are written specifically to connect to UIC-WiFi. Some Android devices or versions may appear slightly different from the screenshots shown. Please send a note to email@example.com if you have any questions or further comments.