Topics Map > ACCC Services Financial Documentation
Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Phone Services > Telephones
Topics Map > Infrastructure > Network > Data Jacks
What are UIC's telephone rates, stipulations, and services offered?
|Single Line and Multi-Line Phone Rates||VoIP Rates||Permanent Rates|
|M9315: $6.75 per month||7960: $5.00 per month||Emergency 911: $1.50 per month|
|Multi line with Display: $15.00 per month||Side Card Add-On: $5.00 per month|
|Multi line Display with Speaker: $15.00 per month||VoIP Voicemail (32 messages): $6.00 per month|
|22 Add-on Module: $15.00 per month|
- Caller ID: $3.00 per month
- Voice Station: $16.25 per month plus $1.50 Surcharge for Campus Emergency Telephone Service. Applies to both single-line and multi-line stations.
- Extension charge: $5.25 per month. These are single-line stations wired as extensions that share the telephone number and line as the main station.
- ISDN Service (Basic Rate Interface): $70.00 per month for 2B Channel/Data Channel. (Billed as two single lines with a monthly charge of $39.50 each. Other configurations may have higher rates.)
- Basic 2500 single line set: $28.75 purchase price only (No lease rates)
- Campus Only: Can make or receive calls within the University's telephone system. (996,413, and 355 campus prefixes and the 136 campus page system).
- Campus/Chicago: Able to place calls on campus and within the Chicago (312 & 773) area only. Can also place calls to 800 numbers and receive calls from the world. No access to suburbs, long distance, or various telephone company operators.
- Campus/Chicago/Suburbs: Able to place calls on campus, Chicago, and suburban areas (312, 773, 630, 708, 847). Can place calls to 800 numbers and receive calls worldwide. No access to long distance or various telephone company operators.
- Campus/Chicago/Suburbs/Worldwide: Can make or receive calls worldwide. The local (dial 9-0) or long distance (dial 9-0-0) telephone company operator can be reached to place credit card, third party numbers, and collect calls. Access to International calling can be restricted, if requested.
- Time of day restrictions: These allow one restriction during general business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00p.m.), and a different restriction after hours and on campus holidays.
The hourly cost for all requests is $59.65 per hour. Below is a list of typical service requests and their estimated costs. These costs assume that all information received about the request is accurate and does not include any unforeseen issues with the request.
|Service Request||Estimated Cost|
|Installing a phone||$59.65/hour|
|Moving a phone||$59.65/hour|
|Upgrading a phone||$59.65/hour|
|Add-on for Multi-Line set||$59.65/hour|
|Remove a phone||Free|
|Install a new jack||8-14 hours at $59.65/hour|
|Expand a jack||4-6 hours at $59.65/hour|