Topics Map > Infrastructure > Storage > Active Directory Network Storage
How to access ADNS File Shares on Windows?
ADNS is a file sharing resource, through which users can store their files on an ACCC file server. This service provides users with highly redundant, highly available, fully backed-up, lifetime storage of personal or departmental files.
You need the following to access ADNS
- your AD NetID : ad\NetID
for example ad\adabyron. Pay attention to the format of your NetID
- ACCC common password: [ aka: your email password ]
- Right click on My Computer icon and select Map Network Drive
- For Drive:, use in the any unused letter, and for Folder:, use: \\uic-cc-ss3.server.uic.edu\dept_name
where "dept_name" is your department's folder name.
- Click Different user name and enter your AD credential: AD NetID and common password as described above.
- Click Finish to map your Network Drive.