Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Conferencing > Cisco Webex Meetings
How to use your Webex Personal Room
Every host account has a Personal Room
A personal room is a virtual conference room that you can use whenever you need to meet with people. Each UIC Webex host account holder has a personal, easy to remember link that never changes, so your colleagues always know where your meetings are held.
Your personal room has two permanent elements:
- URL in the form of https://uichicago.webex.com/meet/YourNetID
- Call-in numbers which connect you to the audio portion of a meeting only
1. To access your Personal Room go to https://uichicago.webex.com and click Sign in at the top left corner. Log in with your UIC NetID and password.
2. From the homepage, you can invite someone to your Personal Meeting room by using the icon with the plus sign, or click on More ways to join to view all the connections details for your personal room. Sharing your URL and meeting number will allow people to enter your personal room.
3. Click Start Meeting to enter your personal meeting room. Your personal room is only “open to others” when you are in. The meeting room interface has the same options as the standard Webex meeting, but you have the option to Lock Room. This is useful for privacy in your room or to better manage back-to-back meetings. In the Participants panel, you will see if others are in “the lobby” waiting to come in.
To learn more about your personal room visit https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nul0wut