University Bursar - Entering GAR Charges and Credits
Entering GAR Charges and Credits
- Type TFAMASS in the Search field and press ENTER to open Billing Mass Data Entry.
- Type the detail code in the Detail Code field or click on Search to look it up.
- Press TAB to move to the Amount field.
NOTE: If Detail Code and Amount are populated in top section, all entries below will automatically populate with the same information. However, Detail Code and Amount can be modified.
- Type the amount in the Amount field.
NOTE: To process a credit, you must put a (-) before the amount. For example, to process a credit for 200.00, you would enter –200.00. To process a charge, just enter the amount. For example, to process a charge for 50.00, you would enter 50.00 in Amount field.
- Type the effective date in the Effective Date field.
NOTE: Today’s date will default.
- Click the Next Section or Alt Page Down button.
- Type the account number (UIN) in the ID field or click on Search to look it up.
- Press TAB to move to the Address Type field.
- Type in the address type or click on Search to look it up.
- Press TAB to move to the Invoice field.
- Type the invoice number in the Invoice field and press ENTER.
- Click the Insert button or use the F6 key to enter another transaction.
- Repeat steps 2 through 9 for each additional transaction.
- Click the Save button or use the F10 key to save your work.
- Click the Close button to return to the main menu.