UPB - Initiating a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA): Unpaid Leave for Bi-Weekly Exempt Employees
Initiating a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) for Bi-Weekly Exempt Employees
You can initiate a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) to record unpaid leave time for a bi-weekly paid Civil Service Exempt (salaried) employee.
See the CPA Window Quick Guide for when to initiate a CPA and Payroll Schedules for deadlines.
View the employee’s Payroll Record View (PRV)
- Log in to PARIS.
- Select the employee to adjust.
- Enter the employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
- Click the Search button. The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
NOTE: If you don’t have the employee’s UIN, use the EMPLOYEE SEARCH. See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search job aid for help.
- Select Current Pay Adjustment under the TRANSACTIONS menu.
NOTE: This option is only available when the pay period is open for current pay adjustments. Review the pay periods open for current pay adjustments in the yellow transaction alert window.
- Select the jobs to adjust.
- Select (expand) the current pay period.
- Click the JOBS bar to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust. Job Detail opens.
- Edit regular pay.
Reduce the hours in the Hours Or Units field of regular pay (RGE) to the number of hours worked.
NOTE: hours should be represented in full or half-day increments.
- Add a new unpaid earn code.
- Click the New Earn Code Selection menu.
- Select the appropriate unpaid earn code.
- ACN – Accommodation No Pay Leave
- AUA – Unexcused Absence w/o Pay
- AUP – Excused Absence w/o Pay
- CUR – FMLA/VESSA Lv Unp
- FBL – Family Unpaid Bereavement
- FLE – Family Lv (FMLA) Unpaid
- MLU – Military Leave-No Pay
- PDA – PEDA Leave (Police Only)
- SNP – Suspension No-Pay
- STK – Strike Unpaid-Adjust Hours
- VUR – VESSA Leave Unpaid
- WNR – Worker's Comp-No Pay
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
- Enter the number of hours in the Hours Or Units field.
- Click the Save button (lower left) when all entries have been made.
- Vacation and sick leave should not be reported on a CPA. Employees should use the appropriate Vacation and Sick Leave application.
- You cannot edit the C-FOAPAL on Current Pay Adjustments
- Make additional corrections if required:
- Add additional unpaid earn codes as required (step 4).
- Select another job from this pay period to adjust (step 3.c).
- Review changes.
- Enter a description for each adjustment in the transaction.
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Click in the Memos box.
- Enter a detailed description for the adjustments made.
- Click the Add button.
- If necessary, edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field.
- Route the transaction.
- Click the Route button near the bottom left of the screen once all changes have been made.
- Successful routing is displayed in the yellow dialogue box at the top of the screen.
- NOTE: To cancel a transaction before routing it, select Delete Entire Transaction from the TRANSACTIONS menu.