UPB -Initiating a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) for Academic (Monthly) Employees
Initiating a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) for Academic (Monthly) Employees
You can submit a Current Pay Adjustment for an Academic (Monthly) employee at the beginning of the payroll calc. You must initiate the job change correction in Human Resources Front End (HRFE) first, then continue in PARIS. See the Payroll Schedule for calc. schedules and CPA deadlines.
You cannot edit the C-FOAPAL on Current Pay Adjustments.
- Access PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/
- Log in to PARIS.
- Enter employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
Click EMPLOYEE SEARCH and select the criteria.
NOTE: See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search Job Aid for help.
- Click the Search button.
The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
- Review pay periods open for current pay adjustments in the yellow transaction alert window.
- Select Current Pay Adjustment under the TRANSACTIONS menu.
NOTE: This option is only available when the pay period is open for current pay adjustments.
- Click the gray pay event accordion of the current pay period.
- Click the EVENT DETAILS accordion to view summary payroll information.
- Click the JOBS accordion to view all active jobs for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust.
Job Detail opens.
- Click the New Earn Code Selection menu.
- Select the ADD (Adjust Dollar Amount) earn code.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
Payroll Record View and Earnings Detail refresh.
NOTE: Scroll down to view and edit the Earnings Detail.
- Enter 1 in the Hours Or Units field to increase pay.
Enter -1 in the Hours Or Units field to decrease pay.
- Enter the total dollar amount in the Special Rate field.
- Click the Save button located above or below the Pay History tab and review changes.
- Select another job from this pay period to adjust (steps 9-15).
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Enter a detailed description for each adjustment of the transaction in the Memo box.
- Click the ADD button.
- Edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field, if needed.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Route button once all changes have been made.