UPB - Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) Job Change for Monthly Employee
Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) Job Change for Monthly Employee
A job change that is too late for a payroll calculation is reflected by a backdated Personnel Date in Banner. Job Change is the adjustment reason to pay hours or differences in pay rates, as well as for 9/12 deferred payouts.
In some cases, you will need to adjust a different pay period than the one worked. For the job changes to take effect, you will need to adjust a pay period during which the job change is effective.
View the employee’s Payroll Record View (PRV)
- Log in to PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/
- Select the employee to adjust.
- Enter the employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
- Click the Search buttons. The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
NOTE: If you don’t have the employee’s UIN, use the EMPLOYEE SEARCH. See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search job aid for help.
Review the payroll history
- Select the pay period(s) to review before adjusting.
- Click the Pay Event Year of the pay period to review.
- Click the gray PAY HISTORY bar of the pay period to review.
NOTE: Also review more recent pay periods to check for backdated personnel dates.
- Review the pay event information.
- Click the EVENT DETAILS bar to view summary payroll information.
- Click the JOBS bar to view all active jobs for the pay period.
- Check each green job bar for important information:
- The personnel date (PCD) is when a job change should retroactively be effective. If payment has already been made, the PCD provides evidence that an adjustment is appropriate. Review more recent pay periods to check for backdated personnel dates.
- If job information is not available, it is because no pay was received on that pay period.
- Click the green job bar to expand and review the Job Detail and Earnings Detail of pay received for the pay event.
- Click the ADJ button located on the right side of the gray PAY HISTORY bar to initiate the adjustment.
- Select the adjustment reason.
- Click the Adjustment Reason menu to expand the list.
- Select Job Change from the list.
NOTE: PARIS automatically completes the Event Type, Calc Method, and Print Method based on the selected adjustment reason and are not user editable.
- Add a new earn code.
- Click the JOBS bar to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust.
- Job Detail opens.
- Click the New Earn Code Selection menu to expand the list.
- Select ADD - Adjust Dollar Amt.Click the Add New Earn Code button.
- Enter the adjustment earnings.
- Enter “1” in the Hours or Units field.
- Enter the total dollar amount in the Special Rate field.
- Click the Edit button to edit the C-FOAPAL if needed.
NOTE: See the Editing Labor Distributions in PARIS job aid for help.
- Click the Save button when all entries have been made.
- Make additional changes if required:Review changes.
NOTE: Multiple adjustments can be bundled into one transaction.
- Enter a description for each adjustment in the transaction.
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Click in the Memos box.
- Enter a detailed description for the adjustment(s) made.
NOTE: Include details for each time sheet missed, pay event adjusted, and/or the number of hours adjusted.
- Click the Add button.
- If necessary, edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field.
- Route the transaction.
- Click the Route button near the bottom left of the screen once all changes have been made.
- Successful routing is displayed in the yellow dialogue box at the top of the screen.