Learn@Illinois Moodle - Zoom Activity
Learn how to use Zoom. Zoom is a tool that allows for students and instructors to use audio, video, chat, and file sharing to hold live online meetings, lectures, and discussions.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: http://go.illinois.edu/MoodleZoom
Examples of Using Zoom
- Virtual office hours
- Online lecture and discussion sessions
- Individual meetings with students for projects
- Student group meetings
How do I...?
- Create a Zoom activity in Moodle
- Schedule a New Meeting in Zoom for Moodle
- Change Default Zoom Settings
- Communicate dates in a way that is easy to maintain
- Rarely use hard due dates (e.g. September 22, 2017) - opt for relative dates (e.g. Tuesday of Week 1) whenever possible
- Use the year when typing hard due dates so that if it does not get updated, it will be clear that this is the wrong date.
- When you would like to collect submissions at midnight, consider using 11:55pm instead. Students are often confused when something is due on Monday at midnight, but the system says that it is due on Tuesday at 12:00am.
- Provide students with the Zoom session in advance of the first meeting to allow them time to set up audio and video.
- For fully online courses, make it clear in the Course Explorer whether live sessions are required.
- Carefully go over your account defaults at illinois.zoom.us because these apply for ALL sessions that you set up.
- If you need to meet the Identity Verification Policy, verify that students you meet with on Zoom with video match their student ID picture using the i-Card Photos block.
- Zoom Training Links
- Embedding Audio or Video from Illinois Media Space
- Creating Pre-assigned Breakout Rooms
- Giving an Attendance Grade for Zoom Sessions
- Using NetID Authentication in Zoom
- Downloading Usage Reports in Zoom
- Instructor Help
Technology Services Documentation
Kaltura/Illinois Media Space
- Zoom, Recording to cloud or Illinois Media Space (Zoom + Kaltura integration)
- Video Tutorial: Recording Zoom Sessions to Kaltura/Mediaspace
- Kaltura, Uploading media
- Kaltura, Bulk upload of multiple files
- Zoom Video Conferencing (CITL)