Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud Enterprise Access Login Instructions
Note: You can also log in within Adobe CC applications themselves using your NetID and password. (The login is typically in the upper right-hand corner of the applications.)
- Open a current browser (IE, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox have been tested) and navigate to www.adobe.com
- Select on Sign In in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your U of I Email address (your_netID@illinois.edu) and click Continue.
- Select Enterprise ID the first time you sign in. On subsequent logins, you will select Company or School account.
- You should then see your familiar campus Shibboleth login page. Enter your University netID and password, as usual, and select Login.
- NOTE: You do not enter your full email address here, just your netID.
- If requested, authenticate using the desired two-factor authentication (2FA) method.
- The first time you log in you may be asked to set Adobe as your default, proceed through those prompts.
- When you see the Adobe landing page, you're logged in and can begin using Adobe DC (editor).
- Take a moment to verify that you have correctly logged in to your university Enterprise account by clicking on the blue circle in the upper right-hand corner of the landing page. You should see your name and university email address.
If Adobe DC is not on your Windows PC you can install it "Self Serve" here:
- Select Start
- Type Software Center and select the Software Center App
- A list of applications that are available to you will appear.
- Select Acrobat DC (Adobe 20.006.20034)
- Select Install and the program will install in the background for you.
Apple Mac PC Users: Install the latest version of Adobe DC:
- Select Launchpad (Spaceship Icon) on your macOS Dock.
- Find and open Managed Software Center within Launchpad.
- Once Managed Software Center is open, select the Updates button at the top of the window.
- Within the Updates section, click on the button on the top right of the window (under the search box).
- This button may say UPDATE ALL, UPDATE, CHECK FOR UPDATES, or CHECK AGAIN.
- If prompted to Log out and update, once you have clicked on the button in step 4, make sure you have save before continuing.
- After updates are installed, please ensure that that the Updates section reports that Your software is up to date.
- All of your Adobe software, including Acrobat DC, should now be updated and ready for you to sign in with your NetID.
Note: If Managed Software Center does not appear in your Launchpad or Applications list, please email IT@vetmed.illinois.edu to schedule an appointment for assistance.
Don't have an Adobe Enterprise ID? Follow these instructions for Access and Activation (Allow 24-48 hours for activation)
- Open a browser and navigate to: https://webstore.illinois.edu/home/adobeuic.html
- Feel free to read the informational bulletin provided.
- Select Order Adobe CC
- Under My Account, Select Login and login with your NetID and Password.
- Once logged in, select Add to Cart and proceed through the order process. Once you have ordered this free offer your Adobe Enterprise ID will be activated within one business day or sooner. You may be able to log in however, some applications may be unavailable until activated. This is an automated process, do NOT attempt to order this offer on behalf of someone else. One time purchase- You have already ordered this item and this item is one-time purchase only!”
Windows users: Do you need Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign updated?
- Close any open applications
- Select Start
- Type Software Center and select it
- Choose the application and select Install
- PC property tag number
- Error message or detailed account of the issue.