Zoom, Error 2216 in Canvas and Learn@Illinois (Moodle)
This article describes how to correct Zoom Error Code 2216 in the U of I Learning Management Systems.
If you're presented with a Zoom Error Code 2216, please follow the steps below to correct:
- Log in following the steps at Zoom, Logging in
- Navigate back to your course space in Illinois Canvas or Learn@Illinois and refresh the Zoom Meeting tool
- The Zoom Meeting tool in Illinois Canvas and Learn@Illinois (Moodle) does not create UIUC Zoom accounts. Please go to illinois.zoom.us and log in to create you account prior to attempting to access the Zoom Meeting tool in Illinois Canvas or Learn@Illinois (Moodle)
- Only the main UIUC Zoom tenant (illinois.zoom.us) is connected to Illinois Canvas or Learn@Illinois (Moodle). If your UIUC Zoom account resides in the Illinois PHI Zoom tenant (illinois-phi.zoom.us) or a different tenant, please migrate your account back to the main UIUC Zoom tenant (illinois.zoom.us) before you attempt to access the Zoom meeting tool in Illinois Canvas or Learn@Illinois (Moodle).
- Information on how to migrate your account can be found at: https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois/100189