Topics Map > Printing and Software > WebStore
Webstore, LabVIEW NI License Manager Hangs
Why Does the LabVIEW NI License Manager Hang When Querying a Volume License Server?
Solutions for the NI License Manager connection.
Flush the DNS cache on your computer.
From a command prompt. (In Win 10, type cmd in the Windows search field, older version of Windows, click start, run, and type cmd.)
At the command prompt, type the following command and then press enter.
Then open the NI license manager and check the network tab.
Add missing DNS suffix, preventing proper communication.
To correct this, follow these steps: (you may not have permission to do this on a UI-owned computer)
- Navigate to Start»Control Panel, then open Network Connections
- Right click Local Area Connection, then select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), then click Properties
- Click the Advanced button
- In the DNS tab, select the "Append these DNS suffices" button and then add the following:
The NI License Manager should start working again, and LabVIEW should be able to obtain a license successfully.