Topics Map > Help and Training
Topics Map > Teaching and Learning
ClassTech, Skype or Zoom in the Classroom
How to assist an instructor with launching and using Skype on the resident PC in the classroom.
- Skype for Business and Zoom are already installed on all classroom PCs (if an instructor needs to use the regular Skype client, they will either have to use a laptop with it installed, or the browser-based version of Skype)
USB Webcams with microphones are currently installed in all General Assignment classrooms they can be used with the PC. Instructors can also request a wired USB lapel microphone.
- Some rooms have an audio bridge where the microphone for the classroom can be used with the PC. A list of these rooms can be found here: ClassTech, Equipment List.
- The only room where the classroom microphone can be used with a laptop via HDMI is Technology Enhanced Classrooms, Temple Hoyne Buell Hall 134.
- To find Skype for Business or Zoom on the classroom PC
- Click on the Windows start button in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- Select All Apps.
- Select Skype for Business 2016