Email, How to stop forwarding to an alternate email address
How do I stop forwarding to my alternate email address?
Follow these steps to revert back to your @illinois.edu account.
- Go to the Electronic Directory Editor (EDE).
- Log in to the EDE with your NetID and NetID password.
- Once you have logged in to the EDE, find the mail field and replace the existing email address with your University email address. This should be either email@example.com (undergraduates with Google Apps @ Illinois accounts) or firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty, staff, graduate and professional students with Exchange accounts).
- Click the Apply button at the top or bottom of the EDE webpage, and then log out.
- If you're using Microsoft Exchange and created a rule to redirect email you will also need to delete that rule.