Email, How to stop forwarding to an alternate email address
Follow these steps to revert mail redirection, and receive emails at your University account instead of forwarding to a personal address.
- Go to the Electronic Directory Editor (EDE) and log in with your NetID and password.
- EDE will display several pieces of information about your University account. Find the mail field; if email redirection is configured for your account, this will have your personal email address.
- Replace the personal email address with your internal University email address. This should be either <yournetid>@mx.uillinois.edu or, if your account has Google Apps configured and you normally send and receive University emails from the Gmail interface, <yournetid>@g.illinois.edu
- Click the Apply button at the top or bottom of the EDE webpage, then log out.
- If your account is still active and using Microsoft Exchange, and you created an inbox rule to redirect email, you will also need to delete that rule.
Please note that changes made in EDE can take up to 4 hours to propagate to the email relays.
Staff members are not allowed to redirect email, and will be unable to edit the mail field in EDE. If you are a staff member and need to modify this to disable mail forwarding, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk at 217-244-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See this article for more information: Privacy & Cybersecurity, Faculty and Staff Email Auto-forwarding Retirement FAQ