Topics Map > Printing and Software > WebStore
WebStore, FAQ Adobe Enterprise annual subscription for faculty, staff, and students
Annual subscription renewals are now required for all Faculty, Staff and Students using Adobe products.
- Faculty and Staff annual subscriptions start and end on June 30th (6/30).
- Student annual subscriptions start and end on August 1st (8/01).
I did not get a notification about needing to renew my subscription. What should I do now?
- You can renew your subscription at anytime by going to the WebStore and searching for Adobe products. All currently subscribed customers should get an email notification from WebStore when it's time to renew again. For the year of 2022, with the change from continuous to annual subscriptions for faculty and staff, there should be also be reminders and announcements sent from departments, E-Week and other sources.
- There will be a two week grace period from the expiration date before service is canceled.
- If you miss the deadline, the next time you open your Adobe apps, you will get a notification that your access is denied or your subscription is expired. You will not have access to Cloud documents, synced files, libraries or other cloud storage services until you renew your subscription. However, your data will not be deleted and will be available again when you reactivate service.
- You can email email@example.com and request your data from Adobe Cloud Storage. We will evaluate the possible solutions available to help you retrieve your data. If you leave the University permanently and your account is removed your Adobe Cloud data may no longer be available.
I don't need most Adobe apps for my work but I do need Acrobat DC Pro. Can I just get Acrobat without the rest of the apps?
- You don't need a subscription for the entire Creative Cloud Suite of Adobe apps if you just use Acrobat. There is a WebStore offer for Acrobat DC Pro for faculty and staff.
I am confused about how to renew my Adobe license and/or install the program. Do you have step-by-step instructions that I can follow?
I have a current Adobe license from the WebStore but I can't sign in or my apps aren't working.
- Check out the help documentation on Adobe for renewing, installing or troubleshooting Adobe first. This will save you time and prevent you from having to wait for someone to respond who may be the wrong person to help. Most issues with Adobe are solved by making sure your apps are up to date and completing a proper sign-in in with Adobe.
- Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Adobe Applications
- Advanced Troubleshooting Steps for Adobe Applications
- If you have tried the solutions from the help articles and your issue persists, open a ticket by emailing the WebStore
- Retired and emeritus faculty without an appointment do not have access to current Adobe licenses.
For IT Pros -- Do Shared Device Licenses on University and Lab computers need to be renewed as well?
- SDL and NU licenses are part of the University of Illinois contract agreement that allows packaging for easier distribution to multiple users. If an SDL package installation is deployed on a University machine for a faculty/staff member's use, the end user of the machine should renew their subscription to the Adobe service by claiming the WebStore offer, "Adobe Creative Cloud for University Staff Enterprise Access" or "Adobe Acrobat DC for University Staff Enterprise Access".
- SDL licenses on university computers for shared student use, such as classroom computer labs do NOT need to be renewed.
- IT staff do not need to renew their SDL and NU orders in the WebStore because they are distribution offers, not subscriptions.
Can I ask my IT support to renew my Adobe subscription for me?
- Adobe subscriptions must be assigned to an individual's WebStore account in order for the renewal process to work. In most cases, it is easier and faster to log into your WebStore account and get it yourself.
I already have Adobe installed on my computer. But I don't have a WebStore license. Will my apps still work?
- Adobe apps that were purchased personally with a serial number and Adobe subscriptions that are associated with a Personal account NOT a school account will still work without the University of Illinois subscription. If you have a personal Adobe subscription you will be billed monthly for the service. The University Enterprise subscription is an annual purchase. If you have a university owned computer with Adobe apps installed through Endpoint Services, you will still need a subscription to use the apps.
- Guide to Renewing the Adobe Enterprise License
- Guide to Adobe Enterprise Login and Product Installation
- Instructions for installing Adobe Acrobat DC
- Adobe Creative Cloud University-Wide Access for Students
- Adobe Creative Cloud- Troubleshooting issues with installations and licensing
- Information on Adobe Enterprise Cloud Storage