Email, Spam Control, Viewing Your Whole Quarantine
This page explains how to view the entire contents of your Quarantine.
Spam Control provides a daily End User Digest that lists spam messages sent to your Quarantine within the last 24 hours.
The Quarantine is a location on a server where email messages that are suspected to be spam, or messages that contain a virus, are stored temporarily so that they can be reviewed and retrieved, if necessary.
- You can review and take action on your own quarantined email through the use of the Web Interface, or by using the End User Digest.
- (You will have spam in your Quarantine only if you are in either the 'Cautious' or 'Aggressive' Personal Spam Policy. For more information, refer to the Overview of Spam Control page.)
Use the Web Interface:
After you log into the Web Interface, click Quarantine in the bottom left navigation window to view your Quarantine.
- To use the Web Interface, open a browser and point it to the following URL: https://go.illinois.edu/spamdigest.
Users apply actions to the messages on this page. To select one or more messages, select the check box next to the message before applying the action. All of the actions are displayed as links on the top of the page.
- Logout – logs the user out of the Web Application and closes the session.
- Select All – selects all of the messages so that the user can apply the action to all of the displayed messages. (For example, the user may have 100 messages in the Quarantine, but only 20 are displayed. The action applies to the 20 displayed messages, not to all 100 messages.)
- Unselect All – unselects all of the selected messages.
- Request Digest – sends an updated email End User Digest to the user’s inbox.
- Find – displays the fields to search for a specific message using search criteria such as who sent the message, the subject line, or the age of the message. See the image below.
- Refresh – refreshes the view on the page. For example, if any new messages have been added to the Quarantine while the browser was open, they will be added to the list.
- Delete – deletes the selected messages from the Quarantine.
- Safelist – adds the sender of the selected message to the user’s personal Safe Senders list.
- Not Spam – releases the message to the user’s inbox, and sends a copy of the message to Proofpoint for analysis.
- Release – releases the message to the user’s inbox.
Use the End User Digest:
Alternatively, you can also complete this action by opening a recent daily End User Digest email in your email account's inbox, sent from: 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and selecting 'Manage My Account.'
Q: How can I retrieve my Quarantine messages?
A: You can review and take action on you own quarantined messages through the use of the End User Digest, commonly referred to as the Digest.
Q: What happens to Quarantine messages if I take no action on them?
A: Messages that are not released from Quarantine are automatically deleted after 10 days, and are NOT recoverable by a service administrator.
For general support please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.