Topics Map > Help and Training
Topics Map > Teaching and Learning
ClassTech, Troubleshooting, DVD or Blu-Ray Player
Troubleshooting steps for DVD or Blu-Ray players in general assignment classrooms.
First, turn the system on by pressing Display On on the control panel or Start with Audio and Video on a pullout touchscreen. Wait 30-90 seconds for the Display On button to stop blinking, or the touch panel to stop counting down. If the system was already on, restart it.
Further troubleshooting steps:
- Open the cabinet door as far as it will go. If the cabinet door is closed, the system may shut down.
- Ensure that the DVD or Blu-Ray Player has been powered on. There should be a power button on the front of the player itself (the player is located in the Audio Visual rack).
- Ensure that the DVD Player or Blu-Ray Player source is selected on the Control Panel.
- If these steps do not work and there is a Classroom PC, you can try using the disc drive.
- If using the resident PC, open VLC Media Player (icon is an orange cone) and select Media > Open Disc > Play.