Topics Map > Help and Training
Topics Map > Teaching and Learning
ClassTech, Troubleshooting, USB
Troubleshooting steps for USB drives being used in general assignment classroom computers.
- Turn the system on by pressing Display ON on the control panel or Start with Audio and Video on a touchscreen. Wait 30-90 seconds for the Display On button to stop blinking, or the touch panel to stop counting down.
- Unplug the USB from the front of the tower and plug it back in again.
- With the USB still plugged in, from the lower-left corner of the screen select Start menu >> Log Off >> Confirm Log Off. Then log back in to the computer.
- With the USB still plugged in, from the lower-left corner of the screen select Start menu >> Power Icon > Restart
- Once the computer restarts, open the software on the machine separately first. For example, double-click on the PowerPoint icon on the desktop and then try to find the file on the USB device. Then load the desired PowerPoint file.