Topics Map > Help and Training
Topics Map > Teaching and Learning
ClassTech, Troubleshooting, Document Camera
Troubleshooting steps for document camera issues.
The Document Camera in the classroom is not displaying an image.
- Is the system on?
- If they simply cannot unlock the drawer have them select the document camera source and wait to hear a click, then open the drawer.
- Is the light on the document camera power button red or blue?
- If it is red, press and hold until it turns blue.
- Is the image not showing at all, or just too dark?
- If the image is dark, press the button on the document camera with a lightbulb symbol.
- If the image is still not showing:
- Make sure the rack is on
- Some systems (mostly in Wohlers and Mumford) have a small Kramer VS-311H switcher unit that the Document Camera is routed through. Make sure that this additional piece of the rack is switched on before calling a technician. See the photo below for reference.
If the image is still not showing, escalate the ticket to the technicians by assigning it to the UIUC-TechServices-Classtech Technicians group.
If you are able to resolve the issue yourself, make a ticket using the Classroom Problem Report form.