University Bursar - What happens if my refund is sent to the wrong bank account?

University Bursar processes student account refunds to the bank account on file with the university. If the bank account is no longer current, please update your direct deposit information by following these steps:

1 Select your campus from Self-Service.

2 Enter NetID and Password and click "Log In".

3 Verify your identity.

4 In the "University Bursar" card, choose Direct Deposit and follow the prompts update your account information.

If a refund is processed to the wrong bank account, it is up to the financial institution (bank or credit union) to return the funds to the university. If the funds are not returned, please contact University Bursar so that we may work with you regarding the funds. 

If the funds are returned to the university, your direct deposit enrollment will be inactivated and you will receive an email notification to update your direct deposit information. The refund will be reprocessed automatically and will be issued as a paper check if the direct deposit information has not been updated.

Keywordsrefunds, processed, direct deposit, bank, funds, address, bank, account, credit union, returned, financial, check, checking, paymybill, University Bursar, USFSCO, student account, financial aid   Doc ID106595
OwnerKathy K.GroupUniversity of Illinois System
Created2020-10-12 13:03:01Updated2024-04-15 11:39:44
SitesUniversity of Illinois System
Feedback  1   2