EWS Labs, Printing, Printing to an EWS printer with your own computer
Web Printing is the supported method for printing to an EWS Lab printer from your laptop. Web Printing is available in all EWS college labs (see EWS Lab Hours & Locations), and in select EWS departmental labs. Web Printing allows you to upload files to be printed from your computer -- since the files are processed on the print server, you do not need to install any software or make any configuration changes to your laptop.
To print from any laptop or computer, follow these steps:
1. visit papercut.ics.illinois.edu. Use your NetID and AD password to log on.
2. Select the "Web Print" link from the left-hand navigation menu.
3. You will see any active Web Print jobs. This will likely be blank. To submit a new print job, click the orange "Submit a Job" button.
4. Use the search box to select the printer you would like to print to. Note that this screen will show all printers that are enabled for Web Print across campus, so the list will be very long. There are a few helpful ways to filter this with the search box:
- Search for the name of the printer. You can usually find this name by looking at the sticker on the front of the printer.
- Search for "engr-print-02" to show all of the EWS printers that support web printing.
- Search for the building abbreviation (for example, "gelib" for Grainger, "dcl" for DCL, "siebl" for Siebel Center, etc.) to show all of the printers in that building.
5. If you would like to print multiple copies, enter that now. Then, click the orange "Upload Documents" button.
6. Use the orange "Upload from computer" button to select the file(s) that you would like to print. The allowed file types are shown below the "drag files here" box.
Once uploaded, your files will appear above the "drag files here" box. You can use the "X" in the corner of each file if you no longer wish to print it.
When you have uploaded all of the documents you wish to print, click the orange "Upload & Complete" button to send the jobs to the printer.
There is no confirmation beyond this point, so double-check that the list is correct. Refunds will not be issued if you accidentally print the wrong documents.
7. You will be taken back to the main Web Print screen. The job you have just submitted will show up in the list, along with its status. This status message will change as the job is processed; when it changes to "Finished: Queued for printing" it has been submitted to the printer and can be picked up.
If there are any errors (for example, you do not have enough Illini Cash in your account to pay for the print job), they will be listed on this screen.