Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) for a Benefit Payout for Bi-Weekly Exempt or Academic (Monthly) Employees
If a bi-weekly exempt or academic employee is ending employment with the university, or changing to an employee class that is not benefits eligible, any vacation hours, compensable sick hours and earned compensable time must be paid out to the employee.
Before you begin the transaction in PARIS, confirm that all leave balances for the employee are accurate in Banner. Also start the separation transaction in the HR Front End (HRFE) application. This will give you the calculated weighted rate of pay to use in the PARIS adjustment transaction.
- Access PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/.
- Log in to PARIS.
- Enter employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
Click EMPLOYEE SEARCH.
NOTE: See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search Job Aid for help.
- Click the Search button.
- The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
- Click the Pay Event Year of the pay period for the payout.
- The Pay History set displays all pay events for the year selected.
- Click the gray pay event accordion to review.
- Click the EVENT DETAILS accordion to view summary payroll information.
- Click the JOBS accordion to view all active jobs for the pay period.
- Click the green job bars to view payroll detail.
- Click the ADJ button at the right side of the gray pay event accordion when review is complete.
- PAY HISTORY tab displays a new row in yellow for the adjustment.
- Click the Adjustment Reason menu under Pay Event Detail.
- Select Benefit Payout.
NOTE: Event Type, Calc Method, and Print Method default appropriate to the adjustment reason and are not user editable.
- Click the JOBS accordion to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust.
- Job Detail opens.
- Click the New Earn Code Selection menu.
- Select an earn code.
- ATS – Sick Terminal Benefits Pay Out
- ATV – Vacation Terminal Benefits Pay Out
- PCM – Pay Out – Compensatory Time
Less commonly used benefit payout earn codes are:
- ATW – Sick Term Waived Pay Out
- FHP – Negotiated Floating Holiday Payout – Hospital
- VAP – Negotiated Vacation Payout – Hospital
- VCC – Vacation Transfer Conversion Balances
NOTE: Consult HR for specific uses of these earn codes.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
- Payroll Record View and Earnings Detail refresh.
NOTE: Scroll down to view and edit the Earnings Detail.
- Enter the number of eligible benefit hours in the Hours or Units field.
- Enter the weighted rate of pay from the HRFE separation transaction in the Special Rate field. See the Separation tab of the HRFE transaction for this number.
NOTE: Skip this step if using the VCC or PCM earn codes. These are regular rate earn codes. The benefit payout will be calculated based on the job hourly rate.
- Click the Edit button to edit the C-FOAPAL, if needed.
NOTE: See the Editing Labor Distributions in PARIS Job Aid for help.
- Click the Save button located above or below the Pay History tab and review changes.
- Add additional benefit payout earn codes as required (steps 15-18).
- Review changes.
NOTE: Changed fields are highlighted in red. System updated fields are highlighted in green.
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Enter a detailed description for the transaction in the Memo box.
- Click the ADD button.
- Edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field, if needed.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Route button once all changes have been made.