Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) for Bi-Weekly Seasonal Camp Employees
Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) for Bi-Weekly Seasonal Camp Employees
Student (SA), Grad Hourly (HG), and Extra Help (EH) employees who work at a camp over summer or winter break can be paid for that work with the Seasonal Camp adjustment reason.
- Access PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/
- Log in to PARIS.
- Enter employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
Click EMPLOYEE SEARCH.
NOTE: See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search Job Aid for help.
- Click the Search button.
The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
- Click the Pay Event Year of the pay period to adjust.
The Pay History set displays all pay events for the year selected.
- Click the gray pay event accordion to review the pay event.
- Click the EVENT DETAILS accordion to view summary payroll information.
- Click the JOBS accordion to view all active jobs for the pay period.
- Click the green job bars to view payroll detail.
NOTE: Review jobs in subsequent pay periods to check for backdated personnel dates.
- Click the ADJ button at the right side of the gray pay event accordion when review is complete.
PAY HISTORY tab displays a new row in yellow for the adjustment.
- Click the Adjustment Reason menu under Pay Event Detail.
- Select Seasonal Camp.
NOTE: Event Type, Calc Method, and Print Method default appropriate to the adjustment reason and are not user editable.
- Click the JOBS accordion to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust.
Job Detail opens.
- Click the New Earn Code Selection menu.
- Select XSC – Summer Camp.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
Payroll Record View and Earnings Detail refresh.
NOTE: Scroll down to view and edit the Earnings Detail.
- Enter the rate of pay in the Special Rate field.
- Enter the number of hours worked under the appropriate date.
- Click the Edit button to edit the C-FOAPAL if needed.
NOTE: See the Editing Labor Distributions in PARIS Job Aid for help.
- Click the Save button located above or below the Pay History tab and review changes.
NOTE: Changed fields are highlighted in red. System updated fields are highlighted in green.
- Review changes.
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Enter a detailed description for each adjustment of the transaction in the Memo box.
- Click the ADD button.
- Edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field if needed.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Route button once all changes have been made.