Topics Map > Accounting > Accounts Receivable
University Bursar - Entering GAR Charges and Credits with the Account Detail Form (TFADETL)
Bursar Entering GAR Charges and Credits with the Account Detail Form (TFADETL)
- Type TFADETL in the Search… field, and press ENTER to open Account Detail.
- Type the customer’s ID in the ID field, or click the Search button to search for the ID number.
- Click the Go button.
- Click the Insert button or use the F6 key to begin entering or reversing a charge.
- Type the detail code in the Detail Code field.
- Press TAB to move to the Address Type field. Type the address type or click the Search button to look for it, then click Select.
- Press TAB to move to the Amount field.
- Type the amount in the Amount field.
NOTE: To process a credit, you must put a (-) before the amount. For example, to process a credit for 200.00, you would enter –200.00. To process a charge, just enter the amount. For example, to process a charge for 50.00, you would enter 50.00 in Amount field.
NOTE: The Effective Date will default to today’s date. Do not change it.
- Press TAB to move to the Invoice Number field.
- Type the invoice number in the Invoice Number field and press ENTER.
- Click the Insert button to enter another transaction, if needed, or skip to step 12.
- Repeat steps 4 through 10 for each additional transaction.
- Click the Save button or use the F10 key to save your work.
- Click the Close button to return to the main menu.