Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Initiate an FLSA Overtime Adjustment –Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA)
Initiate an FLSA Overtime Adjustment –Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA)
Units must submit a PARIS PUA for overtime hours worked by salaried non-exempt Academic and Civil Service employees for the pay period in which it was earned.
See the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Salaried Non-Exempt Employees FACT SHEET for more information regarding salaried non-exempt employee status and related compliance procedures.
- Log in to PARIS.
- Access PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/.
- Log in.
- Select the employee to adjust.
- Enter employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
Click EMPLOYEE SEARCH and select the criteria.
NOTE: See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search Job Aid for help.
- Click the Search button.
The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
- Select the pay event.
NOTE: The transaction for FLSA overtime hours cannot be initiated and reviewed until the first calendar day after the Current Adjustment Cutoff deadline.
See the Payroll Schedule.
- Start the PUA.
- Click the ADJ button at the right side of the gray pay event accordion.
The PAY HISTORY tab displays a new row in yellow for the adjustment.
- Select Additional Time Worked from the Adjustment Reason menu under Pay Event Detail.
NOTE: Event Type, Calc Method, and Print Method default appropriate to the adjustment reason and are not user editable.
- Select the job(s) to adjust.
- Click the JOBS accordion to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust.
Job Detail opens.
- Select the earnings code.
- Select the appropriate overtime earn code from the New Earn Code Selection menu.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
NOTE: The OPS earn code should be used to record hours worked in excess of 7.5/8.0 hours per day or 37.5/40 hours per week, and to be paid at a rate of time and half. The OPT earn code should be used to pay straight overtime, the number of hours worked in excess of the employee’s scheduled day or work week but less than 7.5/8.0 hours per day or 37.5/40 hours per week.
- For Monthly or Bi-Weekly Exempt employees:
Enter the hours in the Hours Or Units field.
- Edit the C-FOAPAL if needed.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Add LD button to insert an additional C-FOAPAL.
- Click the Save button (located lower left) and review changes.
NOTE: Changed fields are highlighted in red. System updated fields are highlighted in green.
- Type a description for the payment.
- Click the green MEMOS tab (near the top).
- In the Memo box, type “FLSA overtime payment.”
- Click the ADD button.
- Edit or enter your phone number in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field if needed.
- Complete the transaction once all changes have been made.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Route button.
NOTE: To cancel a transaction before routing it, select Delete Entire Transaction from the TRANSACTIONS menu.