UPB - Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) Agreement/Settlement for Monthly (Academic) Employees
Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) Agreement/Settlement for Monthly (Academic) Employees
A properly executed legal or union agreement to settle an employee grievance requires an adjustment to make the appropriate payroll payment. Settlements or legal agreements must be accompanied by the signed legal paperwork stipulating the payment instructions.
- Access PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/
- Log in to PARIS.
- Enter employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
Click EMPLOYEE SEARCH and select the criteria.
NOTE: See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search Job Aid for help.
- Click the Search button.
The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
- Click the Pay Event Year of the pay period to adjust.
The Pay History set displays all pay events for the year selected.
- Click the ADJ button at the right side of the gray pay event accordion.
PAY HISTORY tab displays a new row in yellow for the adjustment.
NOTE: Select a pay period the employee has received pay on, typically the last pay period paid.
- Click the Adjustment Reason menu under Pay Event Detail.
- Select Agreements/Settlements.
NOTE: Event Type, Calc Method, and Print Method default appropriate to the adjustment reason and are not user editable.
- Click the JOBS accordion to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust.
Job Detail opens.
- Click the New Earn Code Selection menu.
- Select an earn code.
ADD – Adjust Dollar Amt if payment is subject to SURS.
SAP – Supplemental/Agreement Payment if payment is not subject to SURS.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
Payroll Record View and Earnings Detail refresh.
NOTE: Scroll down to view and edit the Earnings Detail.
- Enter 1 in the Hours Or Units field.
Enter the total dollar amount in the Special Rate field.
- Click the Edit button to edit the C-FOAPAL, if needed.
NOTE: See Editing Labor Distributions in PARIS Job Aid for help.
- Click the Save button located above or below the Pay History tab.
- Review changes.
NOTE: Changed fields are highlighted in red. System updated fields are highlighted in green.
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Enter a detailed description for the transaction in the Memo box.
- Click the ADD button.
- Edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field, if needed.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Route button once all changes have been made.