Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Canvas@illinois.edu
Canvas Course Blueprint Info for Sub-Account Admins
This document details the creation and behavior of blueprint courses in Canvas.
Using a blueprint course to deploy common course elements to pre-defined "associated" courses within a sub-account can save learning deployment time and provide consistency across units and departments for both learners and instructors. Sub-account admins may occasionally push a "sync" to downstream courses in order to refresh the elements delivered to associated courses.
Please review this blueprint courses information within the Canvas Community: Blueprint Courses Overview - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)
Considerations and behavior
- requires manual association with child courses
- requires a manual sync to refresh associated courses
- any unlocked elements can be changed by an instructor
- a synch will not override any unlocked objects that have been changed in associated courses
- LTI's that are passed from a blueprint course may not behave correctly in an associated course
- cannot have more than 1 blueprint associated with a child course
- if an associated course is used as a course content source, the new course will not be associated with a blueprint
- sync results and outcomes are provided to the sub-account admin to resolve any issues or conflicts