Topics Map > Printing and Software > WebStore
Webstore, Adobe Creative Cloud- Troubleshooting issues with installations and licensing
This article provides explanations and links to basic and advanced troubleshooting steps when encountering problems using the Adobe Creative Cloud University Enterprise license.
- All University Enterprise Adobe Creative Cloud users with Windows or Mac Computers
The Creative Cloud Desktop app controls and manages the sign-in process and is installed with any application that is downloaded to a user’s computer. Therefore, if you are experiencing issues with an Adobe program, look at Creative Cloud desktop that runs as a background process. The Creative Cloud Desktop mirrors the same settings that customers will encounter when they login to their Adobe account. Apps can be downloaded and installed directly from Adobe using the Applications menu. If the Apps panel displays a blank screen with the message "You don't have access to manage apps", you should look for your apps in the Software Center instead.
The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop is also designed to manage the other apps in the Adobe CC Suite. When things aren't working, it may be necessary to start over and reinstall this application. The app can be difficult to completely remove from the computer. Therefore, refer to the Adobe instructions before uninstalling the CC Desktop app. The Adobe Acrobat Pro application is also part of the Creative Cloud Suite. If you are experiencing a persistent error with Adobe Acrobat, please refer to these instructions for removing and reinstalling Acrobat.
Troubleshooting Adobe problems:
For End Users:
For IT Pros:
Customers with university-issued computers that require an admin password to install and remove applications should contact their department's End User IT support for direct assistance. IT support should know if the computer requires Adobe installation packages from Adobe, WebStore, or End Point Services.
- Guide to Renewing the Adobe Enterprise License
- Guide to Adobe Enterprise Login and Product Installation
- FAQ Adobe Enterprise annual license for faculty, staff and students
- Adobe Creative Cloud University-Wide Access for Students
- Information on Adobe Enterprise Cloud Storage
- Adobe Acrobat asking for serial - Common License activation error
When contacting WebStore for Adobe support, please include the following information for the fastest resolution for your request.
- A description of the error you are encountering and if possible a screenshot that best illustrates the problem. (Adobe "not working" is not helpful).
- The Adobe application that is having issues.
- Is an admin password required to install or remove apps on the computer and do you know the password?