Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Illinois Compass 2g, How instructors can share files that students can see but not download
Instructors using Illinois Compass 2g can use the U of I Box.com service to share documents with students but prevent the downloading of the documents being shared. Instructors must upload the file to the U of I Box.com service, configure the sharing options, then copy and paste a link to the document in a Compass 2g page.
- On the popup
window that appears click "Enable shared link"
- Click the "Invited people only" drop down and select "People with the link"
- Click the drop down labeled "Can view and download" and select "Can view only"
- Click the button labeled "Copy" to copy the URL
- Navigate to your Compass course page and go to a Content Area.
- Select Build Content > Weblink. Give the Weblink a name and paste the link from UofI Box into the URL field.
- Click Submit.
Students that click on the Weblink will be brought to the page to view the document but will not be able to download it.