2FA, Adding an alias
If you have a secondary account at UIUC (super-user, privileged or OU account), you can set the secondary account up as an alias to your NetID (primary account) in 2FA.
By adding an alias to your 2FA setup, you can log into applications using your secondary account using the same 2FA devices you have set up for your primary account (NetID). If you get a new phone or phone number, you will only need to update that information on your primary account. The 2FA software only allows for 4 aliases on the primary account and each of the aliases have to contain your NetID (ex OU(netid), SU(netid)).
To set up and maintain your alias, please follow the below steps:
Visit the NetID Center
Help Guide in lower left
When you are prompted to log in, log in with your secondary account. If you have already added 2FA to this account, you will need to authenticate with 2FA.
Once an alias has been added, It will appear on the NetID Center Dashboard under the 2FA section.
If you need to add or delete an alias in the future, follow the steps mentioned above or click on the Linked to alias hyperlink on the NetID Center Dashboard under the 2FA section.
- 2FA, 2-Factor authentication topics
- MFA, What is Multi-factor Authentication or 2-Factor Authentication?
- 2FA, Installing the Duo Mobile app
- 2FA - Getting started with Duo
- 2FA, Adding a Device to Duo
- 2FA, Activate Duo Mobile for Your Device
- 2FA, How do I enroll in 2-Factor Authentication from off campus?
- 2FA, Hardware Tokens and Security Keys
- 2FA, Authentication methods & devices
- 2FA, Remember Me
- MFA, Requesting a Temporary Passcode
- 2FA, How to manage your devices
- 2FA, Enroll a new phone/new phone number
- MFA, How to set default device & automatic authentication method
- Identity Management, Multi-Factor Authentication, What is MFA?
- 2FA - Set up non-university Email address to receive temporary passcode