Deactivation, Services available when leaving Campus after Graduation
What services do I get after graduating?
Services that continue beyond graduation
Graduating seniors, graduate students, and professional students can continue to use these services:
- Illinois.edu email address (emails will forward to an outside address, your actual inbox will be deleted)
- Perpetual license software already downloaded and installed from the WebStore
- WiFi (IllinoisNet_Guest only)
Services that expire when you lose your student affiliation
Once your student affiliation has expired, which is one year after graduation, you will not be able to use these services:
- Email Inbox Access
- Discounted software, software subscriptions, and purchasing history at WebStore
- Online courses (Illinois Compass 2g, Moodle/learn.illinois.edu)
- Library access
- U of I Box
Take a few steps now to prepare for leaving campus.
Before your student affiliation expires, buy, download, and migrate what you can right now. Perpetual license software will continue to work, but you should make a copy of your software and record access keys/codes now. Save important information in a place that does not require you to sign in with your NetID.
Contact the Technology Services Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.244.7000 with further questions about services.