KnowledgeBase - About the University of Illinois KB
Background information regarding the University of Illinois KnowledgeBase (KB).
The KnowledgeBase (KB) is a platform for easily creating, displaying, sharing, and managing web-based knowledge documents. It provides all campuses and constituents within the University of Illinois system with a central location for storing and maintaining knowledge. The KnowledgeBase empowers end users to easily locate information for themselves online. It also allows partners to create, categorize, and maintain that knowledge easily. The KB contains a wide variety of searchable information, including technical documents, directions, policies, and procedures.
The KnowledgeBase is maintained and hosted by the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The University of Illinois has partnered with the University of Wisconsin-Madison and other colleges and universities who also participate in the service to share knowledge.
University of Illinois KB Partners
The KnowledgeBase currently features several on-campus partner groups.
- University of Illinois Technology Services
- University of Illinois System Offices
- University of Illinois Liberal Arts and Sciences
- University of Illinois College of ACES
- University of Illinois College of Education
- University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Illinois College of Engineering
- University of Illinois at Springfield
- University of Illinois at Chicago - ACCC
- University of Illinois at Chicago - College of Medicine
- University of Illinois at Chicago - School of Public Health
Each group administers its own KnowledgeBase site to best serve its audience of users. However, each partner is required to follow a universal set of guiding principles to unify with the top level KB answers.uillinois.edu and to promote information sharing and collaboration among all partner groups.
Want Your Own KB?
To learn more about the University of Illinois KnowledgeBase and how to contribute and share the knowledge of your college, unit, or department as a University Partner, email us at email@example.com.