Topics Map > SCS Computing > Software
Software - Visualization
Information about Visualization and software relating to that.
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group
VMD is a molecular visualization program for displaying, animating, and analyzing large biomolecular systems using 3-D graphics and built-in scripting.
ChemOffice, a suite of software which includes ChemDraw, Chem3D, and Chemfinder. ChemDraw is a chemical structure drawing software package designed to help both the beginning chemistry student and the expert researcher. The School of Chemical Sciences subsidizes the ChemOffice license for graduate students, faculty, and staff of the School of Chemical Sciences of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Undergraduates may purchase the software from the UI Webstore. To install the software package on a personal computer, download it by following the instructions below.
- For graduate students, faculty or staff in the School of Chemical Sciences (Chemistry or Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering): go to https://webstore.illinois.edu/shop/product.aspx?zpid=4046.
- For all other graduate students, faculty or staff: https://webstore.illinois.edu/shop/product.aspx?zpid=4045
- For undergraduates: https://webstore.illinois.edu/shop/product.aspx?zpid=4044
NOTE: You can install copies of the software on your own computers using the same serial number or activation code.
ChemDoodle has been licensed by Instructional Technology in the Department of Chemistry for use by anyone with a valid @illinois.edu email address.
- Download ChemDoodle
- Request an activation code for ChemDoodle using your @illinois.edu email address
- ChemDoodle User Guide
- Mobile Versions of ChemDoodle are available for accessing and creating molecular drawings on both iOS and Android mobile devices.
- ChemDoodle Web Components enable export from ChemDoodle into formats that will work on most smartphones and tablets. It can be used for web-based creation of 2-D molecular drawings or 3-D modeling.
Find other uses for ChemDoodle? Email email@example.com to have them featured here.