Topics Map > SCS Computing > HPC - Clusters
Storage Policy - Home Directories
Life-cycle of student and faculty home directories
Home Directories currently in use or created in Spring 2020 or later:
- Undergraduate and graduate student home directories on an SCS file server will be created upon request.
- Student home directories will be active for 6 (six) months after last login
- Faculty home directories will be active for twenty-four (24) months after last login
Home Directories that are not currently being used:
- Home directories that have aged out per the policy above will be immediately archived, and email will be sent to the University email address of the user instructing them to contact us if they want a copy.
- Home directories that have been in use for less than 6 months for students or 24 months for faculty will be archived when they have reached appropriate months of non-use as written above.
Archiving of home directories
Upon archiving, email will be sent to University email address letting user know that home directory was archived, and instructing them to contact us if they want a copy.
- Archived student home directories will be kept for a minimum of 6 months, maximum of 12 months after archive date, then deleted
- Archived faculty home directories will be kept for a minimum of 2 years, maximum of 4 years after archive date, then deleted.
A MOTD with a pointer to this and other cluster information will appear at every login to lop or subsequent SCS cluster.
This policy was approved by the SCS Information Services Steering Committee on July 14, 2020.