University Bursar - Who receives an IRS Form 1098-T?
University of Illinois is required to provide a completed IRS Form 1098-T to all students for whom a reportable transaction is made, then to report the qualified financial data to the IRS. Qualified financial data includes tuition, fees, and course materials required for a student to be enrolled at or attend an eligible educational institution.
The University must have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) and valid address to report enrollment and financial data to the IRS.
Please Note: Canadian students can request tax forms TL11A or TL11D for the prior year on or after January 31 of the current year by completing the Canadian Tax Form Request.
- University Bursar - How can I add or update my social security number with the University?
- University Bursar - How can I get my address on the IRS Form 1098-T corrected?
- University Bursar - When and how can I access my IRS Form 1098-T?
- University Bursar - How do I access my IRS Form 1098-T for a prior year?
- University Bursar - What is the IRS Form 1098-T?