Topics Map > SANDI - Health Information Systems (HIS) > Training, Documentation & Videos > Charges
SANDI Adjustments - Resources for doing an adjustment in SANDI
Additional information on Client Charges Report and Procedure Price Calculation
Use the charges report to see procedure line items that include, taxes, discounts, etc. This is very useful for determining credit amount.
Procedure Price Calculation allows the input of a procedure code to see taxes, discounts, etc. for that code. (Note: non-client lookup will not include discounts.).
Important Credit Adjustment Notes:
- If inpatient charges are entered and the patient is discharged, AND the visit is still open, you should readmit the patient and then you should be able to see the charges.
- If the visit is closed, you will need to wait until the next day as the charges are posted during the End of Day process that takes place at 4am. You will then be able to see the charges on the adjustment screen.
Credit Adjustment by Procedure
Bring up the proper client/patient in SANDI
1. Select Client
2. Select Payment/Adjustment
3. Select the proper clinic and Adjustment type
Note: The client balance is $454.33
4. Select the check box next to the charge you want to remove.
5. Submit to complete the credit or Submit & View Charges. (the later will bring up an invoice view)
Note: The charge being credited is $25.50
6. You can print, take payment or close out from here.
Note: The new balance is $428.83
7. You can see what was done on the SANDI - Charges Report (Client, Charges Report. Select the link for more information on the Client Charges Report.)
Note: If there had been taxes or discounts they would have shown here as well.
Same-day payment reversal instructions can be found here: SANDI - Payment Reversal (Current Day Only)