Topics Map > Health Information Systems (HIS) > About SANDI
SANDI - What is SANDI? Can I use it?
What is SANDI? SANDI the new web-based application that shares the same database with Vetstar. For example, if you complete a visit report within SANDI and then go to Vetstar and you will see the report there also. (You may have to refresh to update the view.). The benefit is that you will NOT have to do double work/entry. Just enter items in SANDI or Vetstar and it will be accessible in both applications. It has a modern design and will allow robust feature development in the future. Please note that SANDI is web based so you access it via your Chrome Web Browser (Only Chrome is supported).
Is SANDI "live" or is it still being tested?
- Core modules will be in SANDI production by May 2nd, 2022
- Please go here for a list of all modules and there status: SANDI - Module Development Overview and Status
How do I get access to SANDI?
- Service/Section Heads: Schedule your groups training in May 2022.
- Click the link to see what training days/times are available: SANDI Service Training Schedule
- Individuals: Check with your service/Section head first. If you need individual training please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you into a training class.
Do I need to do anything special when I start using SANDI?
Keep an open mind and be patient with the process as there will be things functionality still in development, things you might not like and you can expect, to run into minor issues/errors. However, the HIS team (Tristan and Tina) are here to help and committed to the continual improvement of SANDI.
We also ask...
- When new functionality is added please check Vetstar to ensure everything you would expect to be complete within Vetstar truly is. This is part of our data integrity check and will involve a little bit of time investment on your part. (No double entry is required)
- Be open/honest about your likes/dislikes and send us (email@example.com) your input on:
- Bugs/issues – Report anything that does not seem to work or function as you think it should. (Include screen shots, etc.)
- Enhancement ideas – include what you would like to see added or changed. While we may not be able to include all ideas immediately, we still want them. We may be able to incorporate them down the road.
- If you perform a task in SANDI and don’t see the expected result in Vetstar, please report it. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Detail is very important. We ask that you include client/patient info, screen shots, error messages, and any other info to help us document and recreate the issues you find.
General SANDI Information in the KB
- To see basic documentation, screen shots and some videos visit: SANDI Training Modules
- To see the latest progress on SANDI development please visit: SANDI - Module Development Overview and Status
- To see the latest releases and issue fixes visit: SANDI - Features & Fixes Release Notes
- To see available training times for full Services/Sections visit: SANDI Service Training Schedule