VTH Board Minutes 12/08/22
Attendees: L. Garrett, D. French, S. Austin, D. Hague, K. Keller, A. Barger, M. Ridgway, G. Pavlovsky, A. Barger Absent: N. Lamphier, A. Duncan, E. Volk, S. Kennedy, S. Keating, J. Chen
• Alyssa Duncan (Program Coordinator) – Retirement celebration Friday Dec. 16, 1-3 PM SAC 245.
o Position request for refill with IHR.
• Accounts receivable position – new person starting Dec. 19.
• Med Disp. Admin Aide – with IHR
• Request for addtl. Programmer - submitted
• Faculty Searches – Update provided by Dr. Barger
• Anesthesia (3), anatomic path (offer coming), clin path (vet spec – 0, 2 leads), dentistry (open search next week), imaging (1), search waiver for PT radiology (from IDEXX), ECC (1), ER (waiting on HR approval to start), search waiver for mentored ER, Neuro res. Spousal hire, med onc (1), rad onc (extended), SAIM (2), Ortho (2),
• Dentistry reduced service – primary care only effective Jan. 1
• Equine surgery suite renovation starting next week.
• Oncology expansion concept design phase concluded – site selected
(south of SAIM). Schematic design phase to kick off.
• MRO ward back in use
• Afterhours access to clin path will be limited – Contract being developed with IDEXX, emergency pathologists will still be available to read other samples.
• Reminder holiday schedule
• Culture survey plans – information will be sent out soon
Hiring & Recruiting initiatives
- Visited four veterinary technician training programs to recruit for open
- Launched veterinary technician student externship program – students will be placed in services that they need/want for various durations, no less than 4 weeks. Students will be extra help employees with Vet Assistant title. Goal is to give students experience with our program so that they are more likely to apply for positions post program completion.
Volunteers are being sought from Vet Tech personnel to participate in recruitment efforts.
There is limited means to disseminate information to service personnel
regarding VTH initiatives. Current methods include:
- Weekly VTH update emails
- VTH Board Meeting minutes posted to VTH Intranet
- VTH Board members distributing information to services/sections during meetings
- Action Item: VTH is considering launching a Facebook communication channel to expand dissemination of information.
Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Mission & Values Survey completed - review
- Action Items – provide feedback regarding guiding principles and core values