Changing Price of Current Procedures
VTH Policy #Bill321
|Implementation Date: 04/01/2020||Date of Last Revision: 08/19/2022||Next Review Due: 08/18/2025|
|Reviewed by VTH Administrative Team: 03/31/2020||Reviewed by VTH Board: 02/19/2021|
|Reviewed by Legal Counsel: N/A||Reviewed by Biosecurity Subcommittee: N/A|
Subject to modification by the VTH Director without approval.
All requests for changes in the pricing of VTH services must be approved by the VTH Director’s office before the implementation of the change in the health information system (HIS). Additionally, a change in how a procedure is charged for (e.g. bundling charges, package creation, including supply costs, etc.) should be reviewed and approved by the VTH Director’s office. All changes will be made in conjunction with the following policies:
- Laboratory Test Pricing
- Equivalent Pricing for Services
- Set Pricing for Professional Services, Drugs and Medical Supplies
The purpose of this policy is to assist with maintaining a standard and consistent pricing structure within the VTH and to ensure that an appropriate analysis of financial impact occurs before a change is made.
Procedure (if applicable)
- A request for a change in pricing should be requested through the HIS help desk. HIS staff will determine if the procedure code is for a product or service. - If the request is for a product, the price will be adjusted with the standard markup. - If the request is for a service, HIS staff will run a procedure inquiry report for the last five years.
- The request and procedure inquiry report will be submitted to the VTH Director’s office.
- The VTH Director’s office will work with the VTH Business office to review the calculation of the net effect of the change. After review, a decision will be made.
- The VTH Director’s office will communicate decisions to HIS staff, who will then update the HIS.
- When the HIS has been updated, HIS staff will communicate with the requestor the change has been put into place.
- Changes that are implemented and have a broad effect on multiple services will be communicated by the VTH Director’s office hospital-wide.
Definitions (if applicable)
Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) – The collective clinical services of the Large Animal Clinic, Midwest Equine, the Small Animal Clinic, and the Veterinary Medicine South Clinic.