VTH Board Minutes 8/25/22
Attendees: Julia Whittington, Anne Barger, Laura Garrett, Scott Austin, Marcella Ridgway, Krista Keller, Stephanie Keating, Devon Hague, Gene Pavlovsky, Natalie Lamphier, Sara Kennedy, Emily Volk, Jenny Chen
Updates: Info Only
- Welcome: Jason Walker (Embryo Transfer Service), Canaan Shores (UCC), Rose Peters (Neurology), Laura Frazier (Shelter Medicine)
- Incoming faculty: Michelle Borsdorf, Judilee Marrow (Zoomed), Sophia Topulos (SA Surgery), Todd Marlo (Ophthalmology)
- Service Head/Section Head – position description finalized, compensation for position requirements.
- Section Head – updated (CUPAWS – Gene Pavlovsky, CAZAM – Marcie Ridgway, SAND – Devon Hague, FARMS – Denny French. Temporary Service Head – Clara Moran while Dr. Phillips is out
- ECC in Tier II of triage system. See below for additional details.
- UCC (Urgent and Convenient Care) service start date September 12th with Canaan Shores as UCC attending clinician and Carrie Palmer as UCC technician. Planned hours of operation for UCC are Monday through Thursday, 10 am to 6pm.
- Ophthalmology service will reopen in November. Appointments are currently being scheduled.
- Shelter Medicine service will reopen end of September with Dr. Laura Frazier as Service Head
- SAC Lobby renovation has been completed and back to normal client receiving procedures
- Security doors to be repaired at east end of hall – increased opening speed, new swipe location
- Security doors at west end to be installed – on backorder
- LAC Ward 4 door installed, waiting for electronic components
- Equine Surgery renovation – project out for pricing, OR light ordered, table being ordered, plan to start reno in Dec.
- FARMS unloading landscaping finishing this week
- Ortho Rounds and MRO ward – waiting on carpentry shop
- Feedback regarding VTH Culture Committee has been positive and wellreceived; statistics will be provided soon.
- Starting September 9th, Friday Seminar Series will occur at 9:00 a.m. & QIC M&M Presentations will occur every other week; alternating weeks will focus on well-being and diversity
- Ribbon cutting for re-naming of SAC Lobby on 9/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Other: New Peoria Zoo Contract starting at end of September
- Job Fair: Dean requires student attendance at Job Fair. Students with last name starting with L thru Z are to be released from clinical responsibilities from 4:30 to 6pm, and students with last name starting with A thru K are to be released from 5 to 6:30pm to attend job fair on Wednesday Sept. 28.
- Sara Kennedy and Emily Volk will send finance reports to Service Heads regarding expenses and revenue
- MWE Budgets will be reviewed quarterly
- Sara will work with Margaret Caston to send out Budget Reports. BSC willoffer once-a-year or as-needed training /zoom meetings for retraining in iReport or understanding budgets.
- Margaret can also help verify necessary access to iReport (i.e. technicians)
- Office of Advancement would like a Grateful Client Officer / Major Gift officer for the hospital (all clinical services, which includes diagnostic lab). Office likely will be in old Ophthalmology Exam room (Room 101).
- Social Worker position
- Clinical Attire policy
- Job Shadowing
SA ER Status
- ECC Status has moved to a triage Tier II level –
ER will not see cases that are chronic conditions that do not require emergency care. This has been communicated clearly and broadly to our referring veterinarians. Our Marketing team has also communicated this on our social media outlets.
Please continue to encourage clients and referrers to call first, so everyone’s expectations will be met.
- Approved staffing for 4 Hospital doctors and 4 ECC specialists. This is ideal staffing, and we have continued efforts to fulfill these positions