Process of Asset Disposal
Purpose/ Applicability: The purpose of this SOP is to outline the procedure to dispose of equipment/assets. University-owned assets should not be disposed of in the trash and should always go through the surplus channel for disposal.
Scope: Applies to all non-consumable, University owed equipment/assets. Equipment should not be considered expendable based solely on the recorded value.
- P-tag – Permanent tag placed on assets indicating its identification number used for inventory purposes.
- Asset – University/State purchased equipment
- Equipment – meets the following criteria
1. It is a tangible property that lasts more than one year.
2. It costs more than $100.
3. It keeps it own identity, it is not absorbed into another piece of equipment.
4. It is movable; it cannot be permanently fixed or attached to a building
- Go to the College’s intranet page - https://vetmed.illinois.edu/intranet/
- Log in
- Under “frequently used links” click on Facilities
- Under the Property Control tab, click Asset Disposal Request
- Enter the information required for the asset to be removed from inventory
o Serial Number
o Asset Description
- Enter the location of the asset
o Room Number
- Contact information for person requesting asset removal
- Send the request
- Once the request is received, it will be reviewed, and a member of facilities will retrieve it along with logging its removal within the inventory.
Last Updated: 6/10/2021