UCC Cases with rDVMs Needing SAC Specialty Appointments
Last Updated: 11/16/2022
Purpose/ Applicability: To outline the process that takes place when a patient seen by UCC that has an rDVM needs to see a specialty service at the VTH SAC, as SC staff are not trained on scheduling for SAC and vice versa.
Scope: This applies to all patients seen by UCC that have an rDVM where UCC clinicians have recommended an appointment be made with one of the VTH SAC specialty services and how this will be facilitated.
rDVM – Referring veterinarian
SAC – Small Animal Clinic
SC – South Clinic
UCC – Urgent and Convenient Care
VTH – Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- UCC clinician evaluates a patient and recommends they need an appointment for further evaluation by a specialty service at the SAC.
- UCC clinician communicates this recommendation to the UCC veterinary technician.
- UCC veterinary technician provides MR#, patient name, specialty service needed, and reason needing to be seen to Referral Coordinator via email.
- Referral Coordinator will communicate with the service specific CSR on the service needed or directly with the clinical coordinator on services who do their own scheduling, who will then contact the client for scheduling.
- If Referral Coordinator is out/gone (known via daily gone email list and/or auto-reply email), UCC technician will email SAC client services, where either the service specific CSR will contact the client or another available CSR will do so if the service specific CSR is also out.