VTH Board Minutes 4/26/2018
3:30 Formulary Request
Requests from Pharmacy to order larger doses, Dr. Whittington gave approval to just do it. With the Pharmacist paying attention to requests to see if we are selling product. Do we have a formal report of what is expiring? What are dollars per month that we are losing?
3:35 Policy Process
Operational verse Strategic Policies. Is approval needed by the Board for every change? Do we need to rename Polices verse SOP? A policy is what and a process is how. Can COS have approval to make approvals for changes on procedures and operational needs? The Board would still be responsible for strategic plans. Board approved giving COS the power to make changes on policies that include processes and operational needs and the Board will continue to approve strategic policies.
3:45 String Soft
- January 1, 2019 was expected Go Live date. Training would have fallen over holiday. Board approves to move training to what works best for team. Looking at starting training Mid- January with go live March 2019
3:55 Finalizing Patient Discharge Reports
- Reports are not getting to referring vet in a timely manner. Identify where the problem lies and address with each person the concerns. Have to set expectations on what is reasonable? 24-48 hours? Sending a draft is not OK. Look into auto prompt in VetStar to send a note that says your clients pet was seen and report will be sent within 72 hours. Look into different discharge instructions. One that is generic for client. See what options String Soft will have.
4:05 Pharmacy Hours
- Brian would like to change hours back to previous hours. Provided some data on traffic. However, what are the numbers on people actually picking up meds during this time verse only filling. What amount of Omnicell is being picked up verse if Pharmacist on site. Not enough data or length of time to support this change. Hours will stay the same.
4:15 College Report
- Monfort Update
- Budget Review
- Dr. Kyrkowski has been active since 4/23/18. Volume is definitely there. However, no infrastructure, no invoices, no gas card. Search is live for Second Equine Veterinarian.
- Next board meeting will be approval of Capital requests. Call meeting with faculty to keep Capital approvals between$ 500-650,000