Reassignment of Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants of a Closed VTH Service SOP
To efficiently utilize veterinary technicians and assistants in the VTH when their home service is closed due to faculty being off clinics.
This SOP will be used by the VTH to reassign clinical staff of a closed service as needed based on service needs.
CVT: Certified Veterinary Technician
VA: Veterinary Assistant
HSC: Hospital Services Coordinator
- The closing service will notify the hospital administration of the anticipated dates for the service closure as well as any dates that a locum will be on the service.
- The CVT(s) and VA(s) for the closing service will provide dates they are available to float to another service to the Hospital Services Coordinator.
- CVTs and VAs will remain with their home service when a locum is on clinics, and when predetermined tasks are to be completed for the service on an approved timeline set in coordination with the hospital administration and the service.
- CVTs and VAs may use pre-approved benefits time while their home service is closed. This should be communicated to the HSC before service closure.
- The HSC will coordinate with CVTs and VAs from the closing service to determine where they would be best utilized within the VTH during the closure of their service.