Topics Map > Tax Forms
Topics Map > Bursar
Topics Map > Course Registration

University Bursar - How can I add or update my social security number with the University?

You will need to download a W-9S form from the IRS website below, complete it and return it to your campus Registration Office.

Download W-9S Form

Urbana Champaign Office of the Registrar

1 Log into My Illini

2 Select Your Profile

3 Locate the section "Document Upload to Register"

4 Browse out to select the completed W-9S file on your computer. 

5 Select "Upload File"

6 Please email and include your UIN in the communication explaining the purpose of the uploaded document. The Registrar will use this email inquiry and UIN to notify you once the record has been updated.  

Chicago Office of the Registrar

University of Illinois at Chicago 

Office of the Registrar 

1200 W Harrison St., Suite 1200 

Chicago, IL 60607 

FAX: 312-413-9719


Springfield Registrar Office of Records and Registration

University of Illinois at Springfield

Registrar office of Records and Registration 

One University Plaza

Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407

FAX: 217-206-6620

KeywordsW-9S, Registration, registrar university bursar paymybill, 1098T, 1098-T, tax, form   Doc ID91092
OwnerKathy K.GroupUniversity of Illinois System
Created2019-04-16 11:36 CDTUpdated2023-09-01 17:12 CDT
SitesUniversity of Illinois System
Feedback  0   0