Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) No Time Reported for Bi-weekly Hourly Employee
Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) No Time Reported for Bi-weekly Hourly Employee
A positive time entry (non-status or student) employee whose timesheet is not approved by the time entry deadline will not receive pay. The Department Initiator must route a PUA with No Time Reported as the adjustment reason to pay to the employee for any missed pay periods.
View the employee’s Payroll Record View (PRV)
- Log in to PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/
- Select the employee to adjust.
- Enter the employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
- Click the Search button. The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
NOTE: If you don’t have the employee’s UIN, use the EMPLOYEE SEARCH. See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search job aid for help.
Review the payroll history
- Select the pay periods to review before adjusting.
- Click the Pay Event Year of the pay period to review.
- Click the gray PAY HISTORY bar of the pay period to review.
NOTE: Also review more recent pay periods to check for backdated personnel dates.
- Review the pay event information.
- Click the EVENT DETAILS bar to view summary payroll information.
- Click the JOBS bar to view all active jobs for the pay period.
- Check each green job bar for important information:
- The personnel date (PCD) is when a job change should retroactively be effective. If payment has already been made, the PCD provides evidence that an adjustment is appropriate. Review more recent pay periods to check for backdated personnel dates.
- If job information is not available, it is because no pay was received on that pay period.
- Click the green job bar to expand and review the Job Detail and Earnings Detail of pay received for the pay event.
- Click the ADJ button located on the right side of the gray PAY HISTORY bar to initiate the adjustment.
- Select the adjustment reason.
- Click the Adjustment Reason menu to expand the list.
- Select No Time Reported from the list.
NOTE: PARIS automatically completes the Event Type, Calc Method, and Print Method based on the selected adjustment reason and are not user editable.
- Add a new earn code.
- Click the JOBS bar to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust. Job Detail opens.
- Click the New Earn Code Selection menu to expand the list.
- Select the earn code from the list.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
- Enter the adjustment earnings.
- Enter the number of hours worked under the appropriate date.
- Click the Edit button to edit the C-FOAPAL if needed.
NOTE: See the Editing Labor Distributions in PARIS job aid for help.
- Click the Save button when all entries have been made.
- Make additional changes if required:
- Add additional earnings as required.
- Select another job from this pay period to adjust.
- Select another pay period to adjust.
NOTE: Multiple adjustments can be bundled into one transaction.
- Review changes.
- Enter a description for each adjustment in the transaction.
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Click in the Memos box.
- Enter a detailed description for the adjustments made.
NOTE: Include details for each timesheet missed, pay event adjusted, and/or the number of hours adjusted.
- Click the Add button.
- If necessary, edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field.
- Route the transaction.
- Click the Route button near the bottom left of the screen once all changes have been made.
- Successful routing is displayed in the yellow dialogue box at the top of the screen.