cPanel, Creating a new account
How to create a new account for the cPanel web hosting service available at web.illinois.edu.
To create a new account on web.illinois.edu, you must be a member of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with an @illinois.edu email address.
Partners from other institutions can share in your account once it's been created; however, the account owner must be a part of the Urbana campus.
- Go to https://go.illinois.edu/cPanelCreate .
- Click the Campus Login button.
If prompted, choose your Illinois.edu email and log in.
The sign-in sequence
First, you'll be prompted for a Microsoft login.
Then you'll see the Illinois identity window.
Finally, you'll be given the choice of whether to stay logged in for longer periods of time.
- Choose the domain you'd like to use.
- For personal sites, your own NetID is a good choice that's easy for you to remember. You'll receive a domain in the form of yournetid.web.illinois.edu.
- For group or departmental sites, you'll probably want to use non-NetID options in a form like yourprojectname.web.illinois.edu.
Some additional rules may apply. Click the blue ? icon for additional information.
Requesting your NetID as your domain
In this screen shot, you're requesting your NetID as your domain prefix (yournetid.web.illinois.edu). You've turned on the help prompts by clicking ?.
(Optional) If your department uses a special identity and you want to associate this account with the department, use your department's support code.
Requesting "your domain" in "your department"
In this screen shot, you're requesting yourdomain as a member of yourdepartment and have turned on the help prompts by clicking ?.